The most well known wrinkly-dog-breeds include Pugs, French- and English Bulldogs, Old English Bulldogs, Boxer Dogs, Shar-Pei, Pekinese, Napolitan Mastiff and Bullmastiff. Some breeds have just wrinkly faces whereas others are wrinkled all over (Shar-Pei). We at Dogz and Dogz deal daily with the wrinkly face of our German Boxer Spencer.
Wrinkly skin is so cute, but wrinkly dogs a prone to a range of skin problems as a result of rubbing,overheating, dirt and trapped moisture. Your dogs skin folds can easily become itchy, uncomfortable and inflammated if it is not cleaned and dried properly. Read more about wrinkles here
Dogz and Dogz Wrinkle Balm combines Calendula infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil ( which we proudly produce ourself in a very gentle way) with the excellent healing and nurturing qualities of Chamomille and Aloe Vera. Calendula is the secret ingredient in many healing balms and skincare products, and for a good reason. Calendula petals are rich in compounds that nourish, hydrate and support skin healing. The Wrinkle Balm is loaded with vitamins, natural antioxidants and, thanks to Aloe Vera and Chamomille, enriched with anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and antibacterial qualities. Used as a daily treatment for your wrinkly dog it improves existing skin fold condition and prevents future impurity.
This balm is a must have for all wrinkly-dog-owners to enrich the daily grooming routine.
We recommend DOGZ AND DOGZ Wrinkle Balm
- after cleaning the wrinkles with DOGZ and DOGZ Dog Eye Care
- for the general care of wrinkles and skin folds
- to treat and prevent inflammation and redness
- to treat and prevent skin fold dermatitis
- to treat and prevent bacterial infection
- to combat and prevent a “stinky” face
- 100% natural and organic ingredients
- Based on Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil from the Mediterranean Island Mallorca
- Infused with the healing power of Calendula petals (calendula officinalis)
- Enriched with organic Almond Oil from Spain
- Free of mineral oil and parabens
- Free of Palm Oil
- Free of preservatives
- Lick- safe
- Handcrafted in Spain
- Comes with detailed description and application instructions
- CALENDULA INFUSED ORGANIC EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL (Olea europea): it’s powerful anti-inflammatory properties combined with it’s hydrating and mildly antiseptic qualities, makes it well suited to treating symptoms associated with sore, eczema and dermatitis.
- ORGANIC SWEET ALMOND OIL: is full of vitamin E, vitamin A, monosaturated fatty acids, potassium and zink. Thanks to the Vitamin E, sweet almond oil keeps skin cells healthy, protects the skin from UV radiation damage, and helps your dogs skin look smooth and soft. The fatty acids help the nose retain moisture and heals dry and chapped skin.
- BEESWAX: is a natural moisturizer and reliefs inflammation
- COCOA BUTTER: is a deep moisturizer and skin healer due to it`s high proportion of fatty acids. Additionally Cocoa Butter is an antioxidant powerhouse and has also anti-inflammatory qualities.
- CHAMOMILE: has excellent healing abilities , process by disinfection, is strong anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, antibacterial, antiseptic and antioxidant
- ALOE VERA (Aloe Barbadensis) : is a succulent plant which offers many benefits and is suited for all dry, damaged and irritated dog skin. It offers anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant, and soothing qualities for dog skin folds.
HOW TO APPLY
First, you have to clean the skin folds to remove goop or crust from dried tears. We therefore recommend Dogz and Dogz Dog Eye Care which contains Silverwater, Aloe Vera and Eye Bright. This special formulated spray cleans your dogs wrinkles gentle and thoroughly. After cleaning spread the balm with your finger along the skin folds. Make sure that the cream does not get into your dogs eyes. You really need very little of the balm to treat the wrinkly face of your pooch. Dogz and Dogz Dog Wrinkle Balm keeps your dog face clean and healthy.
DOGZ and DOGZ Dog Wrinkle Balm is suitable for all dogs, including puppies, senior dogs and dogs with sensitive skin.